ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Polaris Sportsman 800, 2007, I bought it used so im asking for some advice right now.. When im in 4x4 if im doing about 50km and then I let off of it, it makes somewhat of a grinding sound in teh front end.. So would that be the front diff or something else..?

Any help would be appreciated thanks :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
take off your shaft and inspect the yoke coming off the back. Chances are it's stripped if it hasn't been well kept and greased. I had the same problem on my 07 500

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Mhmm ya I'll have to check that out. I heard of other ppl sayin change the adc fluid and front diff oil I
just changed diff an seemed to stop but seemed like it still wanted to grind a bit!

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my Polaris Sportsman 800, 2007, I bought it used so im asking for some advice right now.. When im in 4x4 if im doing about 50km and then I let off of it, it makes somewhat of a grinding sound in teh front end.. So would that be the front diff or something else..?

Any help would be appreciated thanks :)
maybe the ADC. i went through 3 difs because of this. in the end i had to disconnect the adc and now no worries. you dont need it anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts