ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i have a brute force 650 the other day i was riding and it just cut off i found that somhow the return line had some how broke in the middle anyway i fixed it and put back but now when i turn the key on gas shoots out of the jets so am wondering is this somthing caused by the return or somthing else just kinda odd it happened at the sametime any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here’s what I figured out the 4 wheeler will run as long as gas come out that line I showed but if I plug it it won’t run it comes out the carb

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think i figured out the problem but not 100% sure i think 1 or 2 of the floats are stuck cause as long as fuel comes out of that drain line it will run but if i plug it gas shoots out of the jets a couple ?s i have are is that drain line supposed to be plugged or always open and if the floats are bad can you fix or replace without taking the carb off i tried taping on the bowls but didnt help thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
sounds like you need to pull your carbs out and rebuild.
if that is a drain line, it needs to be off. but I am not sure what it is, hard to tell by your pictures.
if you dont have the bottom cover off (float cover) im not sure who you see or know fuel comes out the large jets?

those carbs will need to be syncd to run properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sounds like you need to pull your carbs out and rebuild.
if that is a drain line, it needs to be off. but I am not sure what it is, hard to tell by your pictures.
if you dont have the bottom cover off (float cover) im not sure who you see or know fuel comes out the large jets?

those carbs will need to be syncd to run properly.
can i post a video on here

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes but its only got the one line i think you were right it has to be a drain ive looked all over it and cant find any place it could go like i said if i dont plug that line the atv will run but gas pours otta that line and if i plug it it runs a sec then starts shooting fuel outta the carb and cuts off

·
Registered
87 Posts
yes but its only got the one line i think you were right it has to be a drain ive looked all over it and cant find any place it could go like i said if i dont plug that line the atv will run but gas pours otta that line and if i plug it it runs a sec then starts shooting fuel outta the carb and cuts off
yes it makes sense, carb float is not working properly so it's being overfilled. if you clog that drain/overfill line, it will stop running as too much fuel is entering the valves.
carbs have to come out and cleaned/rebuild

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wonder if it would be worth taking the carb to a shop and having them rebuild it I’ve rebuilt lawn mower and chain saw carbs but this one looks a little more complicated

1 - 17 of 17 Posts