ATV Forum banner

gas problems on chinese atv

10K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Toxic 
#1 ·
I just bought this sunl 110 used knowing it wouldn't start. I even tried starting fluid and it won't start. I have 2 more of these and have switched alot of parts doing trial and error. I have spark so I think I narrowed it down to not getting gas into the cylinder. The carb I have on it is off of one of my other running atvs so I know that it is good. I pulled the spark plug out and it is dry. Any ideas?

Thanks

#3 ·
110 atv no start.

remove spark plug and valve covers. turn engine over are the valve operating? check valve timing could be off. pour small amount of gas into plug hole and replace plug. should start for a short time. i'm not a beleiver in starting fluid for a gas engine. it's made for starting deisels in cold weather. post again and tell us what you found out. :dunno:

#4 ·
If the cab is good, the carb is getting fuel and the plug is dry then your pretty much guaranteed your valves are not functioning properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.