ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Desert moose here. I don’t want to start a Ford versus Chevy type discussion, but I would like some advice.

My wife and I have matching 2005 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4x4’s. Bought them new. I’ve changed all fluids every year, and keep up on the maintenance. We are in our 50’s, so no catching air off jumps or anything like that, just puttering along looking at the scenery and critters, with the occasional hauling a dead deer back to camp.
Right now we have around 500 miles and 60 hours on them. I figured they would last as long as we were able to keep riding.

Except, this spring when I took them out of the toyhauler, the wife’s quad had the flashing 4X4 indicator light that shows trouble with the KEBC actuator. I was able to clear it last night by removing and reinserting the fuses under the seat. We have company from out of town, so I wasn’t able to go for a ride to see if the light would come back on.

Which now leads to my question. Should I get rid of these and get another model/ brand that would probably be more reliable? I’m not happy that with so few hours on the machine, we’re already having problems. Is there a dirt simple 4x4 quad that doesn’t have all the electronic goodies/ actuators where it will be more reliable? From reading on the net, it looks like the actuators on the Prairies are a chronic problem.

Thanks, Sam

·
Registered
48 Posts
my friend has the same atv with 5000 miles on it with very little problems. i would keep them and fix any little problems that you have with them, you will not get much for them if you try to sell them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts