ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have two girls 10.5 and 8.5 years old. They have recently ridden a neighbors ATV but the wife has concerns over safety.

I have tried to find a Honda Odyssey/Pilot FL 400 type of ATV with a full roll cage. Other than the two mentioned does any other manufacturer make that type of ATV?

How do they stack up reliability wise against the Honda's?

How much were the Odysseys and Pilots brand new? Even used the Pilot seems to command a pretty steep price. I recently found one in Vancouver Canada for $5,000.00 Canadian:confused:.

I await your suggestions as I would like to get them mobile for next year, and maybe be able to buy myself a sweet ride to have fun with them as well.

Thanks in advance:cool:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
The price of pilots and odysseys are high. People collect them I guess. They are alittle rare and alittle difficult to get parts for. There are chinese models of small dunebuggy/go karts. I don;t know anything about them as far as durability.
You could also check out things like the Ymaha Rhino, Kawasaki Tyrex, and Polaris Razr. They are side by sides. Big Money but very Cool! They have a roll cage and Safety belts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I agree, the Pilots and Odysseys are hard to find and expensive when you find them. Another problem is finding parts for them. A lot of the parts have been discontinued. They only made the Pilot for a couple years and that makes them harder to find.

Joyner makes those dune buggy type vehicles, but I don't know much about their reliability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts