ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a "rule of thumb" or an easy way to properly aim the headlights on an ATV.I have a 2005 350 Bruin 4x4 and the lights seem to be be aimed way to low.
Thanks........

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's probably a rule of thumb for the way the factory aims the lights on an ATV according to off-road regulations, but in the real world these rules sometimes don't work for the individual owner. Most ATV lights will sit in a "molded-alignment pocket" that's built into the plastic, and the light(s) will be held in place by studs and nuts,from the back side. Just remove the lights and put some FLAT washers(not lock washers) onto the bottom studs. What this will do when you reinstall the light back on, the washers will tilt the bottom portion of light away from the plastic. It won't take many washers to make work. Also be careful, the light assembly will now be tilted, and you don't want to split or crack the plastic from the stud angles when you tighten down the light housing. If headlamp housing(studs molded into housing) is strong enough, you may want to get some "nylock nuts" to keep from loosening up. If not, you could use some thread lock to help hold stock nuts. Just remember that if you need to remove nuts, you could break plastic headlamp housing.
Another alternative, would be to get some aftermarket off-road driving lights from places like Walmart or Automotive stores that are used on automotive vehicles and install onto ATV's front rack, fenders or anyplace else. This way you won't mess up the expensive ATV lights or crack the plastics by being too aggressive. This would actually be the way I'd go if it was me.
Del

1 - 2 of 2 Posts