ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm kinda new tot he fourwheeler repair world but i'm trying.

My 1993 Kawasaki KLF (Bayou) 400B is having some issues right now the main is a good knoking in the lower end feels to be around the cluch/fly-wheel area.

Last week i stripped the entire motor down and cleaned some teeth from the E-start wheel out of the crank shaft and thought that was the problem. It has quieted the knok a little but did not fix it completely.

Any Ideas would be wonderful.

Thanks Trevor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the motor in at my schools autoshop so i'm going to have to wait until tuesday to take it apart again.

A rod is possible but we checked them to make sure they were fine and they seemed to be. Everything else looks good too, so who knows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
??? good to know nancy.....anyway we have found the knocking and we believe that it is the connecting rod. the auto teacher said that it's cheaper to scrap it and buy a new one because the crank is one peice....True??

i'm going to phone gateview Equipment later to see how much it will cost and if they can get them still....someone said they may be discontinued.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out it was only the e start wheel hitting on the starter gear and nocking off more teeth. An easy and fairly cheap fix...lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BOOM is the word.....but when is the question. Figures it can't be just an easy fix like an E-start wheel. motor is still knocking, but i am able to drive it. So far, i have put approximatly 4 miles on the motor but it wont do top speed, sounds horrible/works great.

Looking to buy a used motor. E-mail [email protected] if you know someone willing to sell a working motor.

1992-1994 kawasaki Klf 400 4X4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts