ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new here but have looked at 30 plus tutorials on Youtube and still can't figure this out. I have a Kandi 60cc ATV. With the original harness and components I did not get any spark. Well since then I bought a second complete wiring kit with all new components and still no spark. I have returned the 1st new one and bought a second new one and still no spark. All of the kill switches were addressed and looped together.

Complete Wiring Kit - This is a complete electric ATV parts kit, package includes: 1x ATV wiring harness,1x ATV Stator 6 Coil,1x CDI(5Pin AC),1x Ignition Switch,1x ATV Switch, 1x Spark Plug, 1x Rectifier, 1x Ignition Coil with Lead,1x Solenoid Relay.
What else would stop me from getting spark to the plug?
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mad,
Thank you,
I forgot to add all grounds are made. This is killing me! I have checked all grounds with a mutimeter thru continuity and thru dc voltage. All is good.
Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No ECU or ECM Mad,
Just a CDI. I have gone thru three sets of complete wiring harnesses. On the original one the wires were shorting on the metal that spins around it. I replaced it with a complete harness kit. Sent that back due to it was wired wrong. Second complete kit and I am getting no ohm reading from the blue/white wire. I retested the old stator outside the Kandi and I got a 142 ohm reading from the blue/white and a 420 ohm from the black/red. So I just repaired the wires last night and will try to install it today if the ball and chain doesn't have Xmas Eve duties for me. LOL!
Thanks for your help and have a great Holiday! Will let you know if it works.
Tom

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've heard of CDI going bad. KTM used to have that problem because they mounted it on the steering head and the forks would crush it. I'm interested to see if you get it figured out. Electrics isn't my strongest suit.
Have a great Holiday season

Mad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Mad!
Thanks again for your help.I replaced the stator with the original one that I repaired. While taking the second "new one" out I saw that the blue/white stator wire was soldered and it was separated. Couldn't see it with the black wire protector over it. Anyway I tested the plug on the block and no spark. I started repushing in all the connectors and tried again. Holy Crap! 1 spark!! Went to CDI to double check the connection there. Wires seemed a little loose so I just tightened them up a bit. Holy Crap again! Full spark. While luck was with me I quickly threw plug and boot on, opened the fuel, choked up the carb and SUCCESS!! New carb needed no adjustment. Now I had to hook up the kill switches which I bypassed.
Thanks again!! And have a great Holiday!
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts