ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the sport and wanting some help. I'm looking for a four wheeler to help out with some work around the yard ( 2 acres and a long drive) and for deer hunting. I think that I would want a sport/ utility quad? I'm not really wanting an automatic, but not ruling that out. Any one have any recomendations on what I should be looking for as far as size and manufacture? I'm not trying to start a ford vs. chevy argument, just looking for some opinions based on history and dependability. I'm fine buying pre owned, so lets hear some of your favorites from years past or present. Thanks for your time and help.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
atv choice

I have owned just about all brands and would not say there is any one to stay away from in particular besides a chinse Rocketa or what ever they are called. (parts are hard to get)
I think a 350-500 cc machine would be plenty of machine for your intended use. I like the utility machines because they have racks and are made to haul and tow things. sport quads are not as easy to strap a deer on! With a utility machine you can haul a couple stands and a couple bags of corn in one trip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Thats kind of what I was thinking. Do you have a favorite make or model? Most of the utility quads I have seen are automatic, are their any that are manual? Or should I be thinking auto? Oh yeah big Slayer fan from back in the day:cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
choice

When I was younger I always wanted a stick thought automatics were for wimps! Once I got a Ploaris automatic I never looked back.
For woods riding the automatics are great! my Polaris Sportsmen 400
had plenty of power and torque. I used to move my 21 foot bass boat with it. Dual wheel trailer and 225 hp engine it weighed alot. The 400 auto had no problem moving it around my yard. I hauled firewood , rocks, corn lots of times hauling over 200lbs plus me (245lbs) . I even had a hunting buddy on it with 150 lbs of corn. he is also around 235 lbs. utility is best all around quad. If I could only own one quad it would be utility. ( I own 3 now)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi,

Hi,
According to ATV make demand in market and popularity of ATV make you can buy Polaris brand because Polaris is best brand in ATV Industry and almost ATV users like to buy Polaris. other you can also take a advice of ATV Trader before buying a ATV, they also guide you in well manner for buying right ATV for you.

Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts