ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 2007 Honda Rancher 420 FE that is blown the ign fuse. When I turn the key 5 sec later it pops. I went through the wires and cant find much but did have a burning smell around the PGM/battery/Regulator area. It was hard to tell where it was coming from. It will run for 2 secs untill the fuse pops. The shift indicator light keeps flashing steady when this is going on even when it runs for the few secs. I unplug the fuel pump relay and it doesnt blow the fuse just turns over. I also found out today when i unplugg the bank angle sensor it won't blow the fuse. Just turns over. I'm not sure what else to do. Can I test the PGM? I unplug the regulator and it still blows the fuse. If there was a wire touching up front would that causing a burning smell in the back area? Seems so minor but cant find it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Sounds like you've narrowed it down to the circuit causing the issue. Time to bust out the wiring diagram and go through each one. FUN...tracing wires sucks. Not real familiar with your bikes wiring but starting with any grounds in that circuit would be where I would start. If those check out, individually inspecting and testing each wire in that circuit is where I would go next.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top