ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 05 yamaha raptor 660r. I forgot to ask the seller how to engage the reverse on it. please help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought a used 05 yamaha raptor 660r. I forgot to ask the seller how to engage the reverse on it. please help.

I have two raptors. Pull the clutch in and turn the reverse knob on the right wheel fender clockwise. While holding the clutch and turning the knob, kick down on your gear shifter until it goes in to reverse (you'll see the red 'R' light come on when its in gear). Sometimes its a little hard to find the gear, sometimes you have to let the clutch lever out and give it some throttle to move the clutch plates a little, then redo the above reverse process.

To exit reverse, just shift up once on the gear shifter and you're in 1st gear.

Good Luck. PM me if you have any other probs or questions. I'm happy to help a fellow rappy owner. :cool:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Agree^^^^. Also come to a complete stop before shifting from reverse to first and the other way around. I Know but alot of people don't do it and I know somebody that has had tranny problems and the service tech told him to watch stuff like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome guys. Thanks for the information. I am on duty today, but will try it out when I get home tomorrow. lol. getting tired of trying to leg push the raptor back from a tight situation

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have two raptors. Pull the clutch in and turn the reverse knob on the right wheel fender clockwise. While holding the clutch and turning the knob, kick down on your gear shifter until it goes in to reverse (you'll see the red 'R' light come on when its in gear). Sometimes its a little hard to find the gear, sometimes you have to let the clutch lever out and give it some throttle to move the clutch plates a little, then redo the above reverse process.

To exit reverse, just shift up once on the gear shifter and you're in 1st gear.

Good Luck. PM me if you have any other probs or questions. I'm happy to help a fellow rappy owner. :cool:
Should I use this same process for my raptor 700r se 2020.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts