ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, I figured it out and posted how to do it here for anyone else struggling: Can-Am ATVs

I am not mechanically inclined, and I just have no idea how to get at this sprocket to replace it. I've looked for videos and writeups on how to access it, but I can't find anything. Can someone please help me out and point me to the nearest tutorial or maybe let me know what I have to remove to get at it? I don't even know where to start. I've pointed at it in each picture.

I think my machine is a Trail Boss; I've never actually found those words on it though.
Thank you,
Alt
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looks to me like you're going to have to remove that brake assembly then the big nut and the sprocket
shield. Make sure you have the rear wheels moved forward so you have some slack in the chain.
Don't remove that chain until after you've gotten that sprocket nut of bolt loose.
Pro Tip.....buy a Service Manual

Mad

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looks to me like you're going to have to remove that brake assembly then the big nut and the sprocket
shield. Make sure you have the rear wheels moved forward so you have some slack in the chain.
Don't remove that chain until after you've gotten that sprocket nut of bolt loose.

Mad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Mad
Thanks for the advice! I was just about to go attempt to tare it apart. I think we might actually have a manual somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts