ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 2003 Suzuki Z-400 Quadsport and I was wondering what is the right way to clean my airfilter? It's got this sticky red stuff covering the rear part of the filter. I plan on buying a new one but. For now I really want to ride it so how should I clean it? The sticky red stuff is just slightly shaded on some parts if the filter.

Thanks

Also it wont idol right. It bogs down when I coast at low rpm when I rev it. But once I get going it is fine. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I have a 2003 Suzuki Z-400 Quadsport and I was wondering what is the right way to clean my airfilter? It's got this sticky red stuff covering the rear part of the filter. I plan on buying a new one but. For now I really want to ride it so how should I clean it? The sticky red stuff is just slightly shaded on some parts if the filter.

Thanks

Also it wont idol right. It bogs down when I coast at low rpm when I rev it. But once I get going it is fine. Any thoughts on that?
You can try with gaz and clean with water. Make sure it's dry before put it back!

Is your bike stock? maybe some carburator tunning is required or you need to adjust the valve by changing the shims! It's a regular problem on z400

1 - 3 of 3 Posts