ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought an 01 blaster and when it runs it runs great but anyways itll take a few kicks to start and it will idle fine but when i run it for a few mins it will pop and back fire and die and wont start for a few mins after then it will start back up and do it again i changed the plug and coil , cleaned the carb and ive tried setting the needle and seat to diffrent positions im stumped i really dont want to buy a cdi box and stater any one ever have this problem b 4 let me kno it will be greatly appreaciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not To bash on you or anything. But 2 stroke carbs can be very tricky if you dont know what you are doing. Id say you are barking up the right tree starting with that carb good luck!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Blaster Problem 01

If you haven't fixed it yet you might check the throttle. If it has a stock throttle and carb, this model has a feature called TORS, that means throttle override system, it shuts off spark in case of a stuck throttle, if the throttle is not adjusted properly, meaning not enough freeplay. Now thats freeplay not foreplay! Or if the tiny switch in the throttle assy is damaged it can and will have a missfire. Check the freeplay, about 5mm on the lever is close and check for damage to that switch, just follow the wires into the throttle housing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts