ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new here. First post. Anyways...

Looking to purchase a new ATV this spring. Probably end up being a 2011 or 2012 model. All depends when the 12's come out. Ive got it narrowed down to 7 that I would even consider. Here are my picks so far (1st being my top pick, 7th being my last pick):

1) Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE
--- Getting fantastic reviews, would prefer a v-twin
2) Polaris Sportsman XP 850
--- Love the looks
3) Arctic Cat 700 LTD
--- Not sure about how reliable they are
4) Kawasaki Brute Force 750
--- Not sure how I feel about the adjustable diff. lock
5) Can-Am Outlander 800R XT
--- Worried about the frame breaking
6) Suzuki KingQuad 750AXi
--- Just seems plain-Jane, nothing spectacular
7) Honda TRX680FA Rincon
--- Doesn't look like Honda will ever catch up with the others

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Also, can you drive the Polaris in just 2WD if you choose?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a 2010 AC 700S LTD last May and am extremely happy with it. I ride with a club with a variation of atv's and the AC's are really improved from the early years. So much so that I went and purchased one. In my opinion the power steering is the best in the market..or the best I've have seen anyway. It is very easy to steer when climbing over logs..rocks etc and stiffens up at speed on trails so you do not loose the steering feel that you should have. Lots of power..lots of ground clearance..nice paint finish (mine is viper blue) The LTD comes with bumpers..winch..2" receiver for hitch which is very nice. There are a lot of good atv's to choose from for sure but I would not count the AC out.
I still have a 2000 polaris 425 expedition with over 7K on it. It's been a good bike with very little trouble. You can switch it to 2 wheel drive only if you want to. Good luck on your purchase. They have come so far with all makes that I don't think you can too far wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after talking with some people at work, I've narrowed it down to 3 ATV's.

1) Can-am Outlander 800R XT
2) Polaris Sportsman XP 850
3) Arctic Cat 700 LTD

I'm really torn between the first 2.
I really wanna see if any of them make changes for 2012 before I buy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello

what type of riding are you planning on doing?
i myself have a Yamaha 450 Kodiak 06 and my new toy xp 850 efi eps ltd. 2011
my self the xp is the most comfortable machine i have been on. can am brute force 650 Yamaha 700.
the xp is a great machine, i do trail and mud with 28 swap lites
and have no problem . and after a long day riding with buds on the cam and grizz i am the least sore and tiered.all great machines if you can try before you buy like i did or know of a friend try one out to see what suits you.
myself i was stuck between grizz 700 and xp .
one ride on xp and was easy to make up my mind. just my opinion.
good luck with which ever you buy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had a 2007 AC 650 H1 TRV for 12 years now, and it is still a beast. My buddy rides a 2004 Grizzly 660. Both have been to the toughest trails the Paiute Trail and Moab can throw at them many many times. Other than having to replace wheel bearings from the pounding these quads take, they have never let us down until the stator coill went out on the Grizz on our last trip. My AC 650, when properly jetted for altitude, is very powerful and turns the Titan 28's with no problem. The front differential locks with a lever and gives it mountain-goat climbing ability, but man will it work out your arms turning it...I can only imagine the comfort, reliability, power and ease has improved dramatically with the additions of fuel injection and power steering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts