ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know which heated grips are good. I am thinking about getting a set. I have heard the A'ME heated grips work well. Anybody have an opinion?

·
Can Am 1000
259 Posts
heated grips

Best thing in world and biggest pain in the wallet in the world!
bent handle bars twice grips ruined each time. on my third set (hate riding without them!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
try and find a set that have either a high or low setting or multiple settings, another great investment are those handle bar mitts that fit over the grips and brake levers. they will keep the wind out and the heat will do such a better job! believe me ive lived in AK all my life and I plow driveways for extra cash when it dumps. anther great investment is a heated vest that they sell at the motorcycle shops. I just hook it up to my battery with a quick disconnect and I put it on as a base layer just over my long johns and I can be out for literally 6hrs or until I need to fuel up and I don't get cold that combined with the heated grips and im just fine. I did find a company that made a heated seat for atv but they discontinued them I think. but you can still find them, I think Kolpin used to maked them. if you had all three of those boy you'd be out for days w/o needing to warm up. and I was doing this in -20F. made over $200 one day! wife was proud! granted I have chains on all four tires and lockers and I grew up here but still one a heavy snow day I fella can make a lot of money. and I was only charging $20 a drive way. just make sure you have a good strong battery, I put mine on the trickle charger every night to ensure it stayed charged up. good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts