ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Looking to buy my first ATV, so I’m green when it comes to anything ATV. I’d appreciate any advice/feedback you’re willing to share. I’m looking for a 2 Up model to accommodate my wife and I. We won’t be doing any hardcore riding. Our rides will mostly be sight seeing in the mountains. I’ve been looking at a 2019 and a 2020 Can-Am Outlander MAX XT 570. Is this the machine I should move forward with, or are there others that may be a better choice? If you agree with the Can-Am what are the pro’s and con’s of the ATV? I appreciate any and all feedback/advice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My son has a outlander 570 xmr which is the version made for going through mud. It seems to be ok. He’s 15 and 150 lbs so it does fine with just him. I think if I was going to be riding two adults I would get the 850. The bigger and heavier it is the more comfortable it’s going to ride. The price is a good bit more though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. My son has a outlander 570 xmr which is the version made for going through mud. It seems to be ok. He’s 15 and 150 lbs so it does fine with just him. I think if I was going to be riding two adults I would get the 850. The bigger and heavier it is the more comfortable it’s going to ride. The price is a good bit more though.
Thank You for your response and welcoming me. Is your recommendation strictly for comfort, or is power a part of it? Regarding the comfort do you feel it’d make a big enough difference to justify the extra money? Keep in mind our riding style will be mild due to a goofed up neck.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think the bigger the atv the more stable and comfortable it is. I have a 2014 sportsman 800 And I would only go up. Yes it is powerful but it weighs 800lbs so your looking at 1000lbs with me on it. Fuel mileage is something to be considered. The big bores use a lot. My sons 570 uses half as much as the 800

·
Registered
5 Posts
All good true info. For a 2 Up I’d choose the 850, either can am or Polaris. The Polaris will have the softest comfortable ride, the Can Am more power. My Sportsman 850SP is a huge gas hog, so extra fuel on a long ride may be necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts