ATV Forum banner

Jianashi 250 weak spark Help Me Please

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  wolvernes1967 
#1 ·
Hi, I am having some issues getting my quad going and i need some help.

We found over a period of about 6 weeks the engine running rough, then it stopped. It was turning over ok so we started with the obvious things, we had spark ( seemed allright at the time) fuel, turnover was ok but it would not fire. We replaced the spark plug, no joy. We cleaned the carb, then replaced the carb, no joy. We have now found the spark generated by the coil is really weak. It can hardly be seen and can be touched without hardly any discomfort. Timing has not been tampered with. We tried another coil from a similar machine, the same spark was produced. We have tried to track the wiring loom and tighten all the connections with no avail. The way i understand it, the ECU determines the spark and rate of spark but not the strength of spark.
Does anyone have any ideas what to do next ?

I am at a loss

Thanks in advance

Roly

#2 ·
hey....just wondering if you hooked up booster cables...battery could be weak, i'm not a mechanic by any means but i had the same problem with my kawasaki motorcycle and it turned out my stator was cooked and there wasn't enough voltage getting to the coil let alone the battery charging, it was enough to turn it over but not enough to fire it up and once i hooked cables up it fired up no issues so i was able to narrow down the problem

#3 ·
I have jumped it to a fresh battery and there is no change, I did think tho, someone has tried to knick it, so I have to turn the ignition on full then back half way, but I assumed this only turns the relay on and shouldn't make any difference to the power.
Thankyou for the reply

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.