ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why hello there folks,

Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions to whats going on. I just purchased a 2003 Rincon 650 and I noticed a few things it does. I noticed that whenever I put it in Drive or reverse it grinds a little. Is this grinding normal? If I shift it in quickly with the foot break peddle on I noticed it doesn't do it or just a little. Another thing I noticed is that when I put it in reverse it likes to stall out. I'm thinking maybe its idling too low. If its an idling problem can someone point out how I can adjust it?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Grinding would indicate idle speed too high, Clutch engaging or out of adjustment.
Stalling: dirty carb , idle mix out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there any PDFs out there that would explain to me on how to adjust the idle speed and checking what you just suggested?

thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Rincon was leaking gas. I took the carburetor off cleaned it and reinstalled it. When test driving, the thumbing the gas lever in full, I was not getting but about 1/4 power. I took it to a mechanic and he thinks it may be the throttle sensor. Does the throttle sensor have that much impact? It was running fine before I took it apart except the leaking of gas through the overflow. Anyone have any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts