ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1992-ish kawasaki bayou 220 that has some running problems I hope someone can help me out with. I got it from my parents and it hadn't ran for a few years. I cleaned the carb and checked it over and got it running. Ran good all summer, I use it to run back and forth between pastures and when cutting cedar trees. Anyway, runs good at start up and until it gets warm. Then it begins to sputter and often quits. If I wait about five minutes or so, then it starts and runs great a little while longer, then the same thing. Also, it seems to want to quit more when the choke is off. So hopefully someone out there knows how to help. One more thing, the problem is intermittent. Today I was out cutting trees and was able to run it for about 2 hours before it started acting up again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the vent hose. That was one of the first things I checked. I talked to a dealer a while back and they seemed to think it was ignition related but not sure. Thanks though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts