ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2006 kfx 400. After having it out 1 time i have run into some issues. I was riding for about 45 minutes and the quad just died and would not restart. i pull out the oil dipstick and it was overflowing, i believe that gas got into the oil???? after about 30 minutes the quad fired back up so i just drove back home in 2nd gear but on the way it died out 2 more times and would not restart for at least 20 minutes. now after sitting for the day it wont even fire up??? i am thinking maybe it has something to do with the carburator but not sure. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a 2006 kfx 400. After having it out 1 time i have run into some issues. I was riding for about 45 minutes and the quad just died and would not restart. i pull out the oil dipstick and it was overflowing, i believe that gas got into the oil???? after about 30 minutes the quad fired back up so i just drove back home in 2nd gear but on the way it died out 2 more times and would not restart for at least 20 minutes. now after sitting for the day it wont even fire up??? i am thinking maybe it has something to do with the carburator but not sure. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks ahead of time!
I am having the same problem and I am new to the whole quiet experience does anybody know the answer to both his problems the oil coming from the stick tube when you open it and it also smelling like gasoline it has been running just fine although oil was just recently added 1 quart for strep today and it had been idling a little high and dying out but that’s about it before that running excellent

1 - 2 of 2 Posts