ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
First post on the forum, thanks for having me.:)

My Dad and I recently got a 1994 KingQuad LT-F4WDX that has been out of commission for 7 years due to a rear Final Drive U-Joint failure on the left side of the machine. We have already orderd the Clymer repair manuel to aid us in the process of replaceing the U-Joint. However, Im wondering if the forum members here could share some wisdom with me on the subject. Ive done some searching on the forum with limited sucess as I only found one other thread with information about these U-Joints.

The part we need to replace is #16-1 on this Bikebandit schematic.;) http://www.bikebandit.com/1994-suzuki-motorcycle-ltf4wdxr/o/m6487#sch239827

Im not sure how difficult it will be to do. I would say it looks failry in depth as it seems the engine and transmission case is all one unit. :confused:

Any information, comments, or suggestions are very apreciated. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Best i can remember you cant buy those ujoints,you have to replace the half shaft,you might find one that will interchange,simple job to change out.the axle has a internal snap ring,after you get the rear spindle off its just a matter of prying the axle out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts