ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and could use some help. I'm a pretty good mechanic except when it comes to electrical problems , rode HD's for 50+- yrs. I'm fixing up an 04 Kodiak auto 4x4. Found a problem. It starts in all gears ! If someone could point me in the right direction it would be real helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Can you explain. Are you saying it will start in any gear like forward or reverse?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’m not really familiar with that atv but usually those switch’s are wired through a brake light. Somebody probably did something to defeat the switch so it would start in gear. Shouldn’t hurt anything really.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not really familiar with that atv but usually those switch’s are wired through a brake light. Somebody probably did something to defeat the switch so it would start in gear. Shouldn’t hurt anything really.
Might hurt me , I'm old and forgetful :laugh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might hurt me , I'm old and forgetful :laugh:
I'd like to correct it if possible . With 8 Grand kids and 4 GGrand kids . Can't find any changes in the wiring harness . Maybe theres a switch stuck someplace ? Supposed to be warm this coming week so I'll dive back in and see if I can find the problem. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts