ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new trail quad that can handle off cambers and steep hills. My old ATV is a 2007 Suzuki Vinson and it getting old and it was never very stable on trails with a lot of hills and off cambers because of it's rear swing arm. I have looked into ATV's a little and i have ruled out Honda because i do not want a swing arm rear suspension. I have narrowed my search down to 3 ATV's Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Kodiak and Suzuki 750 King Quad.

I have owned Kawasaki and Suzuki in the past so i was wanting to try out Yamaha. The Grizzly and Kodiak seem to have the same engine so im not really sure whats different between them besides that the Grizzly has 26" tires and the Kodiak has 25" tires. Right now my Suzuki Vinson has 25" grim reaper tires and traction is rarely a problem because i do not do deep mud very often. Most of my riding is on dirt trails with steep hills. The Kodiak has the lowest seat height which would give it a lower center of gravity and make it feel more stable on hill climbs. I am a little worried the Grizzly will end up being way to tall and feel unstable on hills.

Does anyone have experience with the Grizzly vs the Kodiak or even the King Quad?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Independent rear suspension makes a BIG difference! Dont let seat height influence you, that makes little difference when deciding on a ride. Find what is comfortable and fits but do go independent suspension!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts