ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the whole ATV.

I recently bought some property in the country (Eastern Ontario Canada, rough terrain) and looking to have an ATV for Hunting, yard work and most of all for plowing.

My father inlaw has a Honda 4tracks which is great but he has had some problems.

Any suggestions on what to look for when buying and what brand are the best and which ones to stay away from. I am looking at anything around 2005 or newer.

So far I have been told Honda is very reliable and great for power. Another one was suzuki. I have no clue.

Any help is great.

·
Registered
48 Posts
you will get a million answer's

all brand's make a good atv, honda is a good atv but they don't have the ground Clarence that other atv's have.
polaris and yamaha atv's are top's on my list for best ride, most comfy seat's, good ground Clarence, good power, and very reliable.
suzuki is right up there on the list too

the best thing to do is go test drive all the brand's and see how you like the feel and handling of each one.
once you start test riding them it will soon be clear which one fit's you the best

good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would suggest a yamaha, the Grizzly 700's are supposed to be nuts quads in terms of power, reliability and comfort. Polaris has the best suspension in the industry. I never was a Polaris fan, but my close buddie has an 08 500 Sportsman, hasn't had any troubles, and we ride the sh!t out of our quads, you should see the places we went with that sportsman. It's really just a matter of opinion, personally if I were to buy a next to new or brand new ATV it would be a Yamaha or Suzuki. I don't like Can-Ams at all, polaris is all right, Kawasaki don't seem to be to bad, same with Arctic Cat. BUT whatever you do, DON'T get any of that Chinese made sh!t, they are 100% garbage...

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Agree!! And stay away from the Honda auto and es because they seem to be full of problems.
you will get a million answer's

all brand's make a good atv, honda is a good atv but they don't have the ground Clarence that other atv's have.
polaris and yamaha atv's are top's on my list for best ride, most comfy seat's, good ground Clarence, good power, and very reliable.
suzuki is right up there on the list too

the best thing to do is go test drive all the brand's and see how you like the feel and handling of each one.
once you start test riding them it will soon be clear which one fit's you the best

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts