ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, looking forward to some knowledgeable help from some experienced owners/techs. I inherited my parents quad as my mom is leaving the farm. It hadn't been started in several years. I took it home drained the gas, put some new stuff in and some gas line anti-freeze, and with pouring gas in through the air cleaner managed to get it started but only on FULL CHOKE. Since then I have removed the carburetor several times, and cleaned it out, removing the Breader pipe, pilot jet, needle valve, and plunger. I even soaked it in gas for 2 days. Upon reassembling, I am still in the same situation. It will only idle (very fast, almost screaming) on full choke. It will respond to throttle somewhat fully choked but as soon as I move away from that throttling only kills it. I have also developed another problem since removing and assembling the carburetor and that is I now have gas pouring out the check valve assembly at the bottom of the float bowl. It will start (full choke again) without touching the throttle on the first turn over, but struggles to idle unless fully choked. The only parts I have not removed yet are the pilot screw and throttle stop adjuster. I have however tried both those in several positions. Any help, thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The air filter is not new but not dirty enough really to affect anything, at least I don't think it is. Did I miss anything?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts