ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I got a 1985 Suzuki LT230s Quadsport that was running great for 7 years or so. I decided to sell it to my neighbor, and they asked me to put an electric starter in it for them. So I put in a Goki electric start kit, and it ran perfect after that. Then about a day later, I forgot to turn the fuel valve on, and it acted like it ran out of gas. I turned it back on and it would not start. Now I can get it to start and run good for a few seconds, but then it bogs down and too much throttle will kill it, and too little will kill it. I sprayed starting fluid in the intake while it was bogged down, and it killed instantly. I replaced the carb with another from an identical running machine, same problem. Swapped the spark plug, spark plug wire, coil, CDI box, with the other quad that run, still same problem. Gas flows from the gas tank like it should. It also backfires pretty bad. It has good spark, although I did notice that if the spark plug is not in the wire and I crank the engine over, there is a spark from about half way down the plug wire to the frame; don't know if that's a problem or not, just never seen something like that before. Compression also looks good. There's no restrictions in either the intake or exhaust.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it. :confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts