ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I’m looking for my next quad and I’ve been thinking if i should go manual or semi automatic. Where I ride there are no dunes I need to fly up, just some trails in the woods and occasionally doing a pull up my street. My thinking was a manual would be a pain in the trails and that a LTZ 250 would be perfect since I would like some speed but I’m not flying and the top speed of 45mph on a LTZ250 is fine since I can only get that fast going up my street on my 400cc Polaris anyway. Your guys’ opinions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone, I’m looking for my next quad and I’ve been thinking if i should go manual or semi automatic. Where I ride there are no dunes I need to fly up, just some trails in the woods and occasionally doing a pull up my street. My thinking was a manual would be a pain in the trails and that a LTZ 250 would be perfect since I would like some speed but I’m not flying and the top speed of 45mph on a LTZ250 is fine since I can only get that fast going up my street on my 400cc Polaris anyway. Your guys’ opinions?
Polaris two stroke, I personally would go with the z250. Years ago I bought a LTZ400 thinking it would be a fun ride and it was, on dirt roads. But it was miserable out in the woods especially if there were any mud holes. Get stuck and it kills. You can’t get off and push it along like an auto clutch. But everyone has their opinion, maybe a more experienced manual clutch rider would have done better. Anyway that’s my 2 cents

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polaris two stroke, I personally would go with the z250. Years ago I bought a LTZ400 thinking it would be a fun ride and it was, on dirt roads. But it was miserable out in the woods especially if there were any mud holes. Get stuck and it kills. You can’t get off and push it along like an auto clutch. But everyone has their opinion, maybe a more experienced manual clutch rider would have done better. Anyway that’s my 2 cents
Thank you that’s exactly what I was thinking, the stuff I deal with is 99% woods making a clutch a pain. Obviously once you’ve been riding a while it becomes second nature. It’s also very bumpy here and I’m barely able to hold onto the bars as is, I’d probably go flying off with a clutch to deal with haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts