ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just bought my first atv and I'm hearing lots of people using these acrylic based floor waxed on the plastice to protect them and keep shiny.

Any real experience to share? Also how do you remove it without harming the plastic?

Thanks
al

·
Registered
19 Posts
First off Welcome, and I must say you gave me a good laugh, but I know you're serious. Please go to the nearest automotive store and get the right stuff for polishing automobiles. You want something that doesn't haze over with a white residue, but dries clear and is safe for clearcoat finishes. Guaranteed, you try some floor wax product, and you'll be trying to remove that stuff from all the plastic for 6 months after it dulls and hazes from the sun and outdoors. Maguires or Eagle products are excellent. I use Maguires polishing creme for mine, but it does leave a white residue until buffed off. Please don't use some folk-lore product that's made for floors. The plastics are different. Also, while that ATV is new, get some "dielectric grease" and use it in all the connectors and fuses to make them moisture/corrosion proof. If you plan on keeping this ATV for a long time, you'll save the headaches looking for electrical problems in the wiring.
Delbert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts