ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2007 Hawkeye 300 2x4 and recently the gas gauge stopped working and would like to replace it. I bought a new one but I can't figure out how the gauge come out of the gas tank. mine is located right above the gas cap on the tank, round gauge with rods and floater that in down inside tank. If anyone knows how to do it, it would help alot. Thanks guys

Shane

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a diagram of the area if it helps, I need Part #10, not sure if I need #11 also. I see the floater floating in my tank and gauge just goes where it wants.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Judging from that pic it would appear its just an O-ring seal on part 10 and that it should just pull out. Looking at the parts diagram I think part 11 is just a housing that joins 10 to the tank. I would assume that 10 slides in to 11 and the O-ring fits real snug while 11 would screw in to the tank. I am assuming this is an old float style gauge. I am not at all familiar with your machine though and am completely basing this off the diagram provided.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Judging from that pic it would appear its just an O-ring seal on part 10 and that it should just pull out. Looking at the parts diagram I think part 11 is just a housing that joins 10 to the tank. I would assume that 10 slides in to 11 and the O-ring fits real snug while 11 would screw in to the tank. I am assuming this is an old float style gauge. I am not at all familiar with your machine though and am completely basing this off the diagram provided.
You'd be right, I got it fixed and forgot to update about it. The gauge popped out like a cork/workin it slowly side by side with a screwdriver. Then fished the rods out of the tank and glued them back into the gauge with Seal All since its gas resistent. Popped it back in, all ready to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts