ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have ridden ATV's for a few years but they have always been my dad's. I am looking around to purchase my own, but I'm not quite sure what cc I should be getting. I am only 115 lbs and althought I do like to tear it up in the mud- I don't really drive thru really deep parts and I usually watch my way to make sure I don't get too far in.
The bike I used to ride was a Bombardier 400 4x4 which really did me fine. Does the cc power change if I go to a Yamaha or Honda?? Also, if buying something used (from craigslist) when I go look at them/test drive them is there anything in particular I should be looking at?? Being a younger female.. I know people may try and pull one over on me so I'd like to at least know what to look for.

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

·
Banned
377 Posts
giddy up....Welcome to forum:)

No, the cc power doesn't change by brand. Always test ride the vehicle and put it to the test:thumbsup: Bring it back smokin...:) Check all the buttons/switches and a good visual inspection for oil leaks,cracks or anything out of the ordinary. Put it through all the gears and reverse. You can always tell if something is wrong with the bike if they make excuses on how you can't test drive it...lol Ya gotta be careful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we have a Kodiak, and another Can-am but the big 800.
I would assume 4 stroke?? I don't know too much about them which is why it's been so difficult to buy something. I obviously don't want to get a bike that won' have enough power but I want something big enough I can put some swamp lites on it and not really drag the engine down it that makes sense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I realize CC's don't change a lot.. I was really was just wondering... there is a lot of talk about how the Can-Am 400 is "the most powerful" for a 400. I really just want to figure out the lowest cc's (seeing as though it is cheaper the lower you go) I can reasonably go... but still have good power. Also I want to be able to put some bigger tires on it.

·
Banned
377 Posts
Imo...a 400 would be good because when you ride in higher elevation you loose horse power.... Can-Am is my favorite, but pricey.

Check out this beast....
View attachment 109

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang!! Now that's what I'm talkin about!! Haha, would love something like that- but being a college student I'm a little tight on budget!!
I like Can-am as well, but you're very right- they are a bit pricey and to fix them gets worst.. just had to replace the front right hub in the other bike and parts took almost 2 weeks bc they had to come from Canada??

But yeah I definitely want 4x4. We ride out in Holopaw- it's an 1100 acre piece with a lot of thick mud so I need 4wd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts