ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 85 Honda trx 200 i'm have fuel problems . when i put some gas in where the spark plug is at it will fire but will stop after it all burns up even as i'm giving it throttle. so i think it is not getting fuel to the carb but don't know much about it. any help would be greatly needed thanks Cheers

·
Banned
377 Posts
1984 Trx200f....

I have a 85 Honda trx 200 i'm have fuel problems . when i put some gas in where the spark plug is at it will fire but will stop after it all burns up even as i'm giving it throttle. so i think it is not getting fuel to the carb but don't know much about it. any help would be greatly needed thanks Cheers
Welcome to the forum:)

I couldn't find a trx200 in 85?86' had TRX200SX. I think you have a 1984...
1984 Honda TRX200 FOURTRAX OEM Parts, 1984 Honda TRX200 FOURTRAX OEM Motorcycle Parts - BikeBandit.com

It sounds like a clogged jet in the carb.....
CARBURETOR - 1984 Honda TRX200 FOURTRAX

-sometimes there is a kink in the gas line or the line runs up hill too much....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carb

Wanted to say thanks what do you suggest i do . i had the card off and cleaned it uo but maybe i just don't know what i'm looking for .thanks Cheers

·
Banned
377 Posts
Wanted to say thanks what do you suggest i do . i had the card off and cleaned it uo but maybe i just don't know what i'm looking for .thanks Cheers
No problem:thumbsup:
Did you clean the jets when you had the bottom of the carb off? How did you clean it?
Make sure your idle adjustment is turned down... and don't touch the air/fuel ratio screw....

·
Banned
377 Posts
#2:NEEDLE SET, JET
#21:JET, MAIN (#98)
#22: JET, SLOW (#35)
You would be looking for a clogged jet....Don't poke anything into the jet....use a air compressor to blow all the dirt and debris out of each jet....you should be able to see through the jets after removed:thumbsup:

CARBURETOR - 1984 Honda TRX200 FOURTRAX

·
Banned
377 Posts
Do you have a new plug?
Try tipping the quad side to side as far as you can each way and gas should come out of the carb over flow. If gas doesn't come out then you have a clogged fuel system....petcock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts