ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here and looking for some info on ATV's. I consider myself fairly knowledgable when it comes to sleds, and bikes, but know nothing about ATV's and what key features belong to which manufacturer, both good and bad. I'm looking for a straight up reply, to help me make a more informed decision. I know brand loyalty will play a huge part in this discussion, however, I'm hoping the fan boys will be honest too. I myself am a Yamaha guy, owning yamaha sleds and bike's, but not exclusively. I'm looking to buy a utility type rig.
I will mostly be riding mud, and logging road trails. I like my Grizzly's, but just because I'm a Yamaha guy, and reliability is my number 1, before capability. So having said that, I'm also interested in the Brute, and the cat ATV's. I'd like to stay away from Polaris because I've never know a Polaris that didn't break regularly, but like I said, I'm a sledder. Maybe their ATV's are better. I'm looking between 2005 to present models. Again, if someone could just give me a quick rundown of why one is better, or worse than the other, it would help tremendously.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
I believe you would be very satisfied with a 700 Yamaha Grizzly.
My buddy has one and loves it. He is hard on his equipment and the Grizz comes back for more. Awesome quad.
Also look at the Honda models. Footshift only. They have troublesom auto and electric shift. Some people never have issues with them and some people do not. I would never buy a Electic shift honda or a full auto. I am a Honda guy. If I was gonna get a new utility model today it would be a 700 Grizzly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. How are the 660's? I know they don't have eps, but how does that really effect things in real word riding?

·
Registered
22 Posts
brand loyalty is fine if you pick the right brand, and Yamaha is just fine in that regard. A Grizzly 700 would be a fine choice...shaft drive, rear IRS, differential lock, disc brakes front and rear, power steering, and 700ccs of fuel-injected fury. Would have bought one myself, but I needed a 2-up to bring my gf along, so the AC TRV was the best choice for me out of the 2-ups available in 2009.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts