ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the website, but it appears to have a ton of useful information.

I just purchased an ATV, it is my first, it is an 05 Yamaha Kodiak 4x4 400, and it’s giving me a problem.

Saturday was my first day of ownership, I took it to the farm and rode it for a few hours, I noticed occasionally going up steep inclines it would sputter a little, but it came right out of it.

I should note that the gas that was in it was from February according to the previous owner. Well Sunday came and I went out hunting. No issues at all…but the gas was getting low. So at lunch I filled it up with regular gas. When I went back out it ran great except when going up inclines. On inclines it would sputter all the way up, then once to the top it came out of it. Again no issues on flat ground, and no issues if I got a good run at the incline.

Any ideas? The atv only has 325 miles on it, it look new and has been taken care of… I’m guessing maybe it had something in the tank and the new gas stirred it up, I really don’t know, but any help or ideas would be appreciated. I’d like to use it again this weekend for hunting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You might have to adjust the float in the carburetor. Sounds like it's a tad to high and when you go up hill it lets to much gas in the engine causing the stumble. Just my guess.

NYH1.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fixed

It's been awhile, but I thought I'd post a reply with an update.

I topped the tank with new gas, added some SeaFoam and my problem went away. I've ran two or three tanks of gas through it since and no problems at all.

Thanks for the replies and advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts