ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering installing a slip on muffler and low restriction air filter on my Raptor 700R. I know from my experience with HD motorcycles this can icrease power significantly. I also know when the intake or exhaust is modified, remapping of the ECU is neccessary to compensate for increased airflow. Is there any way to tune or remap the ECU on a 2006 or 2007 Raptor? Any tips or help would be appreciated. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm also a new Raptor 700 owner, just got one on trade and I love it!

From my research, you have to have an aftermarket fuel controller to tune the bike such as the Power Commander 3 or 5, dobeck, ect... The PC 5 is best I think, you can add an auto tune module to it, it comes with the module and an O2 sensor to take readings and adjusts as needed. The PC3 is next because there are so many maps for it. I'm not sure if the PC5 takes PC3 maps but if it does it would probably be an even better bet because the PC3 needs a 9volt power adapter for tuning while the PC5 does not.

They say the stock ECU will not adjust to anything, but I don't think that's true... It has to at least adjust for altitude, and as long as you aren't in an extreme low altitude it should be able to give more fuel for at least small adjustments, such as airbox lid off and baffle out. I have been running baffle out since the night I got it with no problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the 700 club! I have two 700 rappies and they are great. Like jeff mentioned, there are various TFI's out there. Dobeck, Dynatech, Power Commander III (PCIII), PCV, etc.

Basically, there are two styles 1) Dobeck style and 2) PCIII style. Do your research and decide which is best for you.

There is a great forum for raptor owners that would answer ANY question you may have.

http://www.raptorforum.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts