ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Old Suzuki's
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I'll be able to build a pair of running machines from the pile. The four KQ 300's are from a local ski resort. They were used to tow portable snow guns around. The plastics are junk from rolling down the mountain. I'll be starting with the Quadrunner as I was told it ran before being put away in the field of lost dreams.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Building Wood Gas Automotive design Market

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
518 Posts
Well welcome along to the site Foot.

I hope that you don't find all the bikes have the same parts missing/broken/worn out.. It's the problem with picking things up for spares, they all wear out the same bit.. The bit you need..

Good project though and you should get one or two at least going with minimum parts needed, and the rest could be dismantled for spare parts..

· Registered
Old Suzuki's
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well welcome along to the site Foot.

I hope that you don't find all the bikes have the same parts missing/broken/worn out.. It's the problem with picking things up for spares, they all wear out the same bit.. The bit you need..

Good project though and you should get one or two at least going with minimum parts needed, and the rest could be dismantled for spare parts..
Yup that's the plan anyhow. The Quadrunner is moving along for now. I have to figure a way to get the kings up out of the mudnext.
Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tractor

· Registered
Old Suzuki's
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was no give in the hand lever so something was frozen. Cracked the bleeder on each side, one at a time and got fluid on both wheel cylinders, so that ruled out the master cylinder. Squeezed the dickens out of the hand lever and one side of the left wheel cylinder moved. Time to replace the wheel cylinders. I figured they were the issue. I've been soaking the choke circuit plunger for 3 days now. I had to go to town today so I stopped by the motor sports dealer and talked with a mechanic there. He said he's drilled a hole in the brass plunger and used an ez out in the past, that he'd seen it before on these Mikunies if they've sat a long time. I hate ez outs. So me being me I grabbed the cable right at the bendy bit and pulled so hard the cable came out of the plunger. I did get it loose but now I've deformed the bore by tapping the wrong thing with a punch. Theres a land in the bore i thought was the plunger. I forgot the plunger waa brass. I'm hoping I can get in there with a scraper and clean that edge up.I'm good at making work for myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts