ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site and I have a buddy with a suzuki lt250r atv and we cannot for the life of us get it to start. I cleaned carb air filter and petcock. It does have spark we tested that. It got a top end rebuild when he got it and they were told to break it in and they put the hours on it goin slow(i mean very slow lol).But they let it sit for a few weeks due to weather took it out and tried to fire it up but will not start again.Is their anyone who could help us out. Im not real familiar to suzuki we have the repair manual but i have no clue where to start. please help

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i have a 87 and its probably the most dependable 2 stroke ive ever ridin but it seem little things will cause it not to run check the plug gap fuel mix little annoying things like that hope i could help

·
Registered
1 Posts
its a 85 LT250R 2 STROKE.

im having the same issue..

i put new rings in it and honed the barrol.

they are 71.5 rings and i used the same pistion because it still looked good.

i cleaned the carb 100%

new fuel and mix.. 40 to 1 and screw is set to 1.5 out.

im getting spark.. pulled the plug and kicked it over holding the plug to the motor and i get a jolt and hear it sparking..

but for the life of me i cant get it to fire..

need help..

·
Registered
70 Posts
What is the compression?

Is the spark plug wet or dry?

2 strokes are easy to flood. To un-flood, hold the throttle wide open and kick it (pull it) over until it fires.

If the plug is dry, you're not getting enough fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts