ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't cuss me yet. Ridden 2 wheels 30 + yrs. Mostly Hondas. Wish I could afford even a used brand name atv, but can't happen now. Anybody at least tell me which brand to absolutely avoid? Will be ridden by my 12 yr old girl. No creek jumpin, hill & rock climbing crazy stuff like I USED to do when I was that age. Recently divorced (broke po' boy) and moved to the boonies. Cool trails here on proprerty for her to ride, please help me make the least :dunno: mistake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jetmoto parts

I can tell you about my experience with Jetmoto.

Jetmoto Standard, Sport Hunter, ATV 250
Model; YMT-250ST-A, 2005
Engine; 253FMM85C00006
Frame; JMTA250C5000574

Here is the big problem; The rear axle is poorly designed and anything more that a light torque load will cause the forward gear inside the differential to strip. This ATV works fine as long as you do not exceed a quarter throttle or try anything other than flat, smooth terrain. After only a half hour use, the new $350 replacement rear axle is starting to show the same symptoms as the original rear axle. If torque limits are exceeded it may break gear teeth off the forward gear and idler gear. Jetmoto does not guarantee their replacement parts to work and is completely ignorant of these design deficiencies. Jetmoto will not rectify this situation and stuck me with a defective $350 axle.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Look for a Used Honda. People need money and if you have some you may get a good Deal
Don't cuss me yet. Ridden 2 wheels 30 + yrs. Mostly Hondas. Wish I could afford even a used brand name atv, but can't happen now. Anybody at least tell me which brand to absolutely avoid? Will be ridden by my 12 yr old girl. No creek jumpin, hill & rock climbing crazy stuff like I USED to do when I was that age. Recently divorced (broke po' boy) and moved to the boonies. Cool trails here on proprerty for her to ride, please help me make the least :dunno: mistake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts