ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Quadrunner possibly 1992 model, don't know. Model says LT 4WD, and stamp on the back frame rail says: JSAAJ45A7J210215.

This thing keeps fouling plugs, is hard starting, stalls alot. I want to get a carb rebuild kit for it. With the info I provided, please provide me with basic info on the quad (Year, engine size, etc) and where I can get a rebuild kit for the carb that fits what I have. All help appreciated!!! Thanks. Nathan in Ohio.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lt-4wd

it sounds like a 250 to me. My buddy has one, and it was doing the same thing... this may sound stupid, but open the oil fill cap near the rear axle (it should say 10w-40 on it) check and see if there is Gas getting into the lower end. this was happening to his. not sure why It did that, but after draining and refilling it (dont forget about the oil filter) it stopped fouling plugs. Also look way up under the front left tire (while sitting on the bike left) and see if there is a hexagonal-shaped fuel pump. I think it should have one.. and it is vacuum operated. that sucker is a pain to get out without removing the front fender, but open that puppy up and clean all the varnish and gum out of it, that should make your quadrunner run like new! maybe even avoid you having to get a rebuild kit for the carb. the Mikuni carb that is in there is fairly stout, fresh gas usually lets it clean itself out fairly well..
Good luck that is a great bike you got there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
engine size

There is a circle plate on the cylinder head on the opposite side of the spark plug. It says "225 7.5 HS".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts