ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a 2005 baja 50 cc 4 wheeler 4 stroke, air cooled. last week when my son ws riding the 4wheeler would ride fine fro about 10 min an then start to sputter and eventually shut off.. after a few min of trying to restart if finally did. this happend probly every 10-15 min. so i was thinking time to change spark plug. when we got done riding we forgot to turn the ignition in the off position so the battery was dead when i brought it out this afternoon. we have forgotten before and had to jump it with the vehicle and jumper cables. so i flipped it up on its back side and ook the old spark plug out and put the new one in.. yes gapped to specs. since battery was dead from leaving key on i took over to vehicle and attempted to jump it liek have several times before. nothing happens. the taillight isnt evne coming on so that shows its not even getting electricity. i even took the wires off the battery and clamped the jumper cables directly to wires and still nothing. we checked the only fuse in it which is in a very tight spot and it is still intact and working.

the only thing i can think now is that it is something to do with the ignition.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts