ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 400 scrambler the fan does not work which leads to overheating I was wondering if this is a common problem on this model as well as other models . also is there aftermarket fans around. thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't bother replacing the fan until you have checked to make sure the shroud it is in is free of mud and such. I do know that sportsman are known for having mud and crap build up in the shroud or whatever it is called, also they are known to have the radiator plug with mud. Both me and a friend of mine have had this happen. Spray them out real good after you hit the mud and no more problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem on my 01 sportsman 500 ho. There is a thermocoupling sensor in the raditor that went bad. It turns the fan on and off. Maybe check that out and see if there is one in your bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fans working

I unplugged the sensor and jumped the plug the fan came on right away so I ordered a new sensor put it in now everything is working fine thanks to the members in this forum who replied I received a lot of useful advice it made what I thought was a big problem turn into a small problem that was easily solved .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts