ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 2005 sportsman 700 twin...rode it for a while...shut it of...may noe have had the key all the way off...went to start it...nothing....pushed it in the garage...added h20 to batt...charged it up...still no power at all... no display...even with the charger on...still cannot get the display on ,,,,,where to start???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have a look at your control fuses on that unit, not sure where there are on that year you will have to look around the unit. Better yet get your self a service manual for that unit, that is the first this I do when I buy a new piece of equipment is get the service manual.

Ok enough of that look for the fuses check for voltage at the key switch. and all along the power connection on the unit.

Have a look at this post as it will help you with a proper way to test for no voltage.
http://www.atv-forum.com/polaris-atvs/370-problems-starting-atv.html#post1184

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this sounds stupid but check the Kill switch on the L handle bar and make sure it's centered. I have a really embarrassing story about the time I tore my bike halfway apart on the trail because I bumped the stipid switch by accident, if it's in the off positiion there is NOTHING!.
Q

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I know this sounds stupid but check the Kill switch on the L handle bar and make sure it's centered. I have a really embarrassing story about the time I tore my bike halfway apart on the trail because I bumped the stipid switch by accident, if it's in the off positiion there is NOTHING!.
Q
Its OK I done the same thing on my boat. :laugh:

·
Registered
48 Posts
try to wiggle the kill switch as your pushing up on it and if power comes back you have a bad kill switch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts