ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Rode 07 Arctic cat for couple hours. Was getting low on gas and stalled out. Got started again and got home. Filled tank and added seafoam. Carb is getting gas, have spark and compression, but won't start. Tried spraying starter fluid, no luck. Any suggestions? I replaced spark plug as well as flywheel and stator (heard about problems with those)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Check for spark again. If it has compression, and good spark and the timing is correct, it certainly should
fire on starter fluid. The fact that it doesn't would make me look for an ignition issue.

Mad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The spark looks good and consistent. Not sure if that can change when screwd in. I am going to get a compression tester and check again. I put a little gas directly in the spark plug slot, nothing. Would these jump timing?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hmmm. Weird it won't fire on starter fluid. Are you putting it down the spark plug hole or spraying
it in the intake ? Best way is to remove the air filter and spray a little directly in the intake. If its a 4 stroke
it can certainly jump timing. But if its an interference engine your valves would hit the piston
and you'd for sure hear that.

Mad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts