ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old time trail rider here but normally on a Rhino forum but... wife has a 2005 450 Kodiak that she purchased last year. Pretty clean machine but it smokes excessively. I spent 25+ years earning my living as a mechanic so I have no reservations regarding doing the engine work - only question is can I do the top end job without removing the engine? It kinda looks like I can but I'd love to hear from anyone that has "been there - done that"..

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2001 Kodiak 400 that I rebuilt the top end on without taking the engine out. I had no problems with it. The cylinder bolts were a little tricky getting in but not too bad. other than that there were no problems. I'm not sure if the 2005 is much different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the time to reply - I've had the dang thing tore apart now for several months - didn't have any issue getting it apart. The only issue now is the Florida heat kills the incentive to work on it but will have to break down and do it soon as we have a TN trip planned in early Nov so got to get on it ..... :cautious:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts