ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help clear up some oil change issues i'm having with my 88 honda 300 4x4, i'm not sure if there is just an oil filter or if there is an oilfilter and oil screen. the haynes manual kinda sounds like it has both, but no mention of it in the honda owner's manual. Also do i have to replace the washer on the drain plug and where can i find rubber seals/gaskets for the filler plug and filter without buying an entire seal kit, thanks

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
aask your honda dealer. dad has one but i dont recall the screen but he usually takes care of it. honda or any other atv sales should be able to get the seals or gaskets for your bike by piece. i change the oil on my 450r alot because it does not hold much and i have replaced the filter seal a few times and it was not to high in price. the filler and drain washers i just inspect after i remove and i always use a torq wrench to tighten all bolts would hate to strip one of those bolts and housings!!!!!!!! then i insure they dont leak after i finish. hope this helps the next time dads 300honda needs a change ill do it and post the info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts