ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to gather information regarding Purolator Pure One oil filter part numbers for the Yamaha Grizzly 700.

I currently have Purolator Pure One filters for my 660 Grizzly, and wonder if they would also be the part number for the 700? I thought perhaps someone might know this, or possibly know where I could obtain this information?

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upon doing my own research I eventually found a Purolator phone number I could call..which I did.

I was told the ML16817 is the correct oil filter to fit the 700 Grizzly.
The PL-14610 is the one that fits the Grizzly 660. Both are a tad longer than the OEM filter..with more filter media as well.

More info given -
"She did go on to explain that to get the information for "motorcycles" they basically cross reference numbers from the automotive filters TO what will fit the different motorcycle/quads. Also, that they (Purolator) have only done testing on their filters for the automotive class of vehicles, and have done none for motorcycle/quads, so you would use their filters at your own discretion, as that cannot guarantee unforseen issues. She was unsure if the oil pump on an ATV had the ability to pump oil into non-OEM oil filters (having not done this research) as opposed to the oil pump on an automotive application."

More info on filters can be found here- Motorcycle Oil Filters & Air Filters or Opinions and Recommendations - Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources

Hope that helps others out as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts