ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory camo on my “new” 2014 rancher at is looking pretty thin. Thinking of painting it. I went by the auto pant store where they’ve helped me through numerous projects successfully, and they have numerous plastic adhesion products that go on the prepped plastic before painting. Anyone done this? Results? They claim they’ve done numerous atvs, golf cart plastics etc, with no problems.
looked at new plastic, and it’s not too bad, but unless you want the old red or green... and fork out 400 bucks for it,... there has to be another option.
I’m looking for one(or two).
thanks for any input.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’ve seen plastic painted and it looks pretty good. I wonder if it could be dipped like they do guns and such.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve seen plastic painted and it looks pretty good. I wonder if it could be dipped like they do guns and such.
That might be a way to do it. Was also wondering about adhesive vinyl sheeting. That stuff is durable and can be had in a lot of neat patterns. Would be tricky to put on with all the inside curves.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It would be bad if I tried to install that. I don’t have that kind on patience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be bad if I tried to install that. I don’t have that kind on patience.
My thoughts as well. Tried wallpapering once. A disaster. I might look for a local shop. Sometimes window tinting places do vinyl wraps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
They do. A friend of mine owns a tint world and does it. It’s pretty expensive. A guy came it and wanted the trunk lid on his Dodge Challenger done in flat black and the price was $300.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After looking at all the painting options etc, I just changed out the rough Honda camo plastic fenders. And did a vinyl wrap of the engine cover. Using mossy oak 3M vinyl. Came out pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts