ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Can Am 1000
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having my snorkel kit installed this week. I have read and google searched and You tube searched.
Here is my question : How do I test the snorkel kit without drowing my ATV?
I was thinking of spraying either around my intake connections and seeing if the idle goes up??
I am not sure what else to try that will not ruin my $12,000 ride??

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a good question. You could try spraying starter fluid around the connections and listening for change in idle but some leaks may only occur with water pressure from being submerged. You can also try running it and then placing your hand over the end of the intake snorkel tube until it shuts off. It should create suction and that suction should remain after the engine is off. If there are leaks, the suction won't stay after the engine turns off. The best method is to take it in water, but the suction method might be a good preliminary test. Make sure to silicone your airbox well and grease all your elec connections. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
if your snorkel is made of abs I would make sure you use the plumbers abs cement to seal the fittings and to be extra sure use silicone around the connections. but sealing the air box is a main concern. they also make snorkels for your exhaust pipes too, that's another idea if you are really gonna take this think for a swim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts