ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im new to this forum and actually new to owning a polaris, I just bought a 2003 polaris sportsman 700, 2800 miles. I took it to a friend of mine to give it a good look over he told me a few things that it needed so i bought it knowing what i was getting into, first was there was up and down play in the front cv axels , said a set of bearings should do it so we put them in but there is still play in the axels and my 4x4 only works sometimes and when it does your can really hear it, and when i am driving at a good rate of speed i can feel something viberating in the front end, when he took the front end apart the cage seemed to be in good shape. and know i noticed the battery light flashing on the guage
Any help would be awesome im really just wanting to go riding but so far it has spent more time in the shop than at my place
Thanks Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately, that is just what you get with used stuff. Despite what the previous owner says, you never know just how it was treated or maintained.

As for your front end, I would look at the front hubs. Could be they need help. Take them apart and check for excessive wear, metal shavings, etc.
The battery light... go through and start check connections. Not just the main cables but the wiring going to the battery for charging. If all that checks out, Start your ATV and check for charging output. Should be more than 12V. Usually closer to about 13.5+.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts