ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have an 07 sporetsman 800, my battery was dead so i tried to jump it (bad idea, did not know at the time) , did not work so i took the battery out and charged it. Put it back in, now it will not turn over, it sounds as if a loud clicking sound is coming from the soliniod. Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be? Solinoid? Voltage regulator? Starter?

I am going on a trip on thursday so i am kind of rushed. Thank in advance to anyone who may have any ideas.

Deano

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the battery is holding at about 11.4. i checked the power coming out of the soliniod and it is only like .3 or .4. I i bypassed the soliniod and it started to turn over. Should be the soliniod. Does anyone know what should be coming out of the soliniod?

thanks again everyone!
deano

·
Registered
4 Posts
had the same problem on my 700....even though the battery will take a charge, it had no cranking amperage (rests at 11.5 volts but barely any amps). Dealer explained that these twins need alot of cranking amperage, so changed the battery, and voila....bike started right up and always has ever since..
hope this helps

·
Banned
377 Posts
electrical problems...

There are circuit breakers mounted in the wire between the starter solenoid and the regulator near the battery.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts